Homeopaths have little interest in bacteria, virus’ and other pathogens. These are all naturally occurring and have a place in healing. For example, bacterial numbers increase to prevent a viral infection.
So when homeopathy is used to treat a cat with a bacterial infection, the selection of the most appropriate medicine is determined by the cat’s individual symptoms.
To show you what I mean, here are just a few of the factors we need to consider before we make a curative medicine selection:
- how quickly it started, such as over hours or over days
- what happened to the cat (or patient) prior to the infection - this often indicates the cause, such as fearful event, injury, vaccination, etc
- what is the cat’s personality like - eg smoochy, irritable, aloof, etc
- has this changed with the cat flu
- what parts of the body are affected - nose, eyes, throat, lungs or all or some of them
- what is the nature of the discharge - bland or acrid, scanty or profuse
- what is the colour and texture of the discharge - thick, thin, clear, yellow, green, etc
- is there any coughing or sneezing
- if so, what is the character - eg wet, dry, in spasms or singly, etc
- is there a worse or better time of day for the cat or the symptoms
- what is the cat’s energy like - sleeping more, restless, etc
- what is the cat’s appetite like
- is there a change in the cat’s thirst
This gives you an idea of the depth of knowledge needed to make an accurate prescription.
It is a totally different way of thinking to mainstream health care. You need to be more like a detective than a doctor. And a very observant detective, a veritable Sherlock Holmes. Nothing is ever left out. Nothing is ever not considered. Not even the reaction to our own remedies.
This concept can be hard to get your head around quickly. Don’t worry if it is hard. Just be open to the idea.
For any infection, it is not necessary to concern yourself with how contagious it is, and so to protect others. Often the very anxiety of infection will allow it to happen. But life is much deeper than that.
Health isn’t about protecting your cat from disease. Health is all about raising her immune system, her intangible energetic life force, to a level where nothing affects her. This works across all the planes - mental, emotional, physical. While this result may seem like a tall order, the process of getting there isn’t.
It’s possible that this goal may not be achieved in one life time, but surely it is preferable to continue to improve your cat’s health, than to undermine it with continual drugs.
Humanity appears to be in a secretive era. it doesn’t like to see symptoms of disease. It prefers to drive this inwards and make everything appear OK, even if the cat is seething underneath.
The suppression of symptoms does not bode well for the future health of your cat. Suppression works against the body’s best attempts to cure itself. Suppression merely deals with the effects of disease, not the cause.
Challenge yourself to start a journey of thinking outside the square. The rewards can be endless and seemingly miraculous...